NORTHBOROUGH, MASS: Senior Nick Genatossio (Sutton, MA) hit a walk-off home run with two outs to rally the Anna Maria College baseball team to a 3-2 win over visiting Framingham State University on Saturday afternoon at the Baseball Sports Complex in Northborough, Massachusetts, in the second part of a double-header.
- Date: Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Score: Game 1 – Framingham State 10, Anna Maria 4
Game 2 – Anna Maria 3, Framingham State 2
- Records: Rams of Framingham State (1-1), AMCATS of Anna Maria (6-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Rams hit a grand slam in the top of the second inning of game one, forcing the AMCATS to play from behind for much of the contest. Senior centerfielder Adam Twitchell (Shrewsbury, MA) tallied three hits for Anna Maria, with an RBI and two runs scored while junior Kosta Drosidis (Holden, MA) added a pair of RBI base hits. Framingham State ultimately prevailed, 10-4.
- In stark contrast to the first game, game two saw both teams struggle to generate offense, as Anna Maria sophomore starting pitcher Chris Brouwer (Northbridge, MA) went five-and-two-thirds-innings on the mound, allowing just one earned run while striking out six Rams. Defensive miscues in the fourth and sixth innings by the AMCAT defense saw the hosts go into the bottom of the seventh trailing 2-0. With two runners on and two outs, Genatossi came to the plate, potentially representing the final out of the game. Instead, he crushed the ball over the right field fence for his first home run of the year and the fifth of his career. Rounding the bases, Genatossi was mobbed by teammates and coaches as he crossed home plate, ending the game in thrilling fashion.
- Anna Maria has a quick turnaround as they return to action on Sunday, facing the Pilgrims of New England College in a 12:00 p.m. game.