- STANDISH, ME: The Anna Maria baseball team split the day against conference opponent Saint Joseph's College, with a victory coming in game one with a score of 12-5 and a loss in game two of 11-5.
- Date: 4/15/2021
- Score: Anna Maria 12, SJC 5 (Game One), SJC 11, ANM 5 (Game Two)
- Records: SJC (14-11, 4-2 GNAC), Anna Maria (10-6, 2-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
Game one started with the Monks jumping out to a 4-0 lead through the contest's first two innings. The AMCATS put together a five-run fifth and a four-run seventh to get the win.
- Top performers for Anna Maria were Nick Genatossio (Sutton, MA) and Kosta Drosidis (Holden, MA), who both recorded multiple hits in the game. Genatossio was a perfect 3-for-3 with a home run and two RBI's. Drosidis finished the game going 2-for-3 with two runs batted in. Jack Marzec (Northbridge, MA) picked up the win on the mound after pitching five innings with just four hits allowed and six strikeouts.
- Game two was tied 3-3 through three and a half innings. Saint Joe's picked up another two runs in the bottom of the fourth to go up 5-3. The Monks would put the 'CATS away in the sixth with a six-run inning pushing their lead to eight.
- Anna Maria would close out the game, scoring two more in the top of the seventh, coming up short to SJC 11-5.
- Drosidis led the offense in game two with a 2-for-4 performance. He picked up a double and two RBI's. Greg Gehring (Southold, NY) also batted in two more for the AMCATS on a two RBI single.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Sunday when they travel to Rivier University for another GNAC doubleheader. First pitch is set for 1 and 3 pm.