- NORTHBORO, MASS: Senior Jason Shell (Sandwich, MA) recorded his 100th career hit as the Anna Maria College baseball team prevailed 12-5 over visiting Becker College on Wednesday afternoon at the New England Baseball Complex in Northboro, Massachusetts.
- Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- Score: Anna Maria 12, Becker 5
- Records: Becker (0-6), Anna Maria (9-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Shell entered the game with 97 career hits, and had his best game of the season, going four-for-five with an RBI and two runs scored. Shell hit the 100 hit plateau in the bottom of the fourth when he singled to right field to load the bases for the AMCATS. Shell would later score for Anna Maria, and then in bottom of the eighth, he recorded his 101st career hit off a single up the middle.
- Anna Maria senior Noah Holland (Sandwich, MA) got the AMCATS on the board first in the bottom of the first inning when he came to the plate with the bases loaded and smacked a double down the left field line, plating three runs. Later in the inning, junior Nick Morley (Milbury, MA) crushed a pitch over the right field fence, plating two runs and giving the AMCATS a commanding 6-0 lead.
- Anna Maria posted another big inning in the bottom of the fourth when freshman Joseph Yannelli (Thorton, PA) came to the plate with the bases loaded and singled to right field, plating one run and allowing two more to cross home plate after a throwing error by the defense as the AMCATS went up 11-4.
- Anna Maria junior Jarrod Marifiote (Framingham, MA) had two hits on the day.
- Becker junior Andrew Bumpus (Carver, Mass.) led the Hawks with three hits and an RBI.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday when they travel to Saint Joseph's College in a 12:00 p.m. GNAC double-header.