LYNN, MASS: The Anna Maria College baseball team lost both games of their Saturday double-header at Fisher College played at Fraser Field in Lynn, Massachusetts.
- Date: March 13, 2021
- Score: Game 1 – Fisher 11, Anna Maria 6, Game 2 – Fisher 8, Anna Maria 3
- Records: Fisher (11-2) , Anna Maria (4-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In game one, the AMCATS jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning only to watch the Falcons pound out 11 unbroken runs through the bottom of the fifth inning. Anna Maria sophomore James Powers (Folsom, CA / Folsom Lake College) continued to dominate at the plate, going three-for-three with one double and two runs batted in. It was the first loss of the season for the AMCATS after starting the season at 4-0 for the first time in more than twenty years.
- With Anna Maria trailing 2-0 after the first in game two, senior Noah Holland (Sandwich, MA / Sandwich) hit an RBI sacrifice fly in the top of the third to get the AMCATS on the board. Junior Jarrod Marifiote (Framingham, MA / Framingham) tied it with an RBI single to right in the top of the fourth. Down 8-2 going into the seventh, Powers scored off an error in the outfield, but that was as close as the AMCATS would get to rallying.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Wednesday when they host Mitchell College in a 3:00 p.m. game at the New England Baseball Complex in Northborough, Massachusetts.