-NASHUA, NH: The Anna Maria baseball team took down GNAC opponent Rivier University this afternoon in both contests by scores of 22-4 and 13-1.
- Date: 4/18/2021
- Score: ANM 22, Rivier 4 (Game One), ANM 13, Rivier 1 (Game Two)
- Records: Rivier (0-8, 0-8 GNAC), Anna Maria (12-6, 4-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Game one started with the AMCATS dropping seventeen runs in the top of the first on the hosting Raiders. The top of the first was highlighted by James Powers (Folsom, CA), hitting a two-run bomb to right field.
- Top performers for Anna Maria were Jarrod Marifiote (Framingham, MA), who finished the game 3-for-5 with four runs batted in. Kosta Drosidis (Holden, MA) Continued his hot streak at the plate with another two hits and two RBI's. Jason Shell (Sandwich, MA) also tallied a multi-hit game, going 3-for-5 with one RBI.
- Game two was another big game for the visiting squad as they put up another 13 runs. This time they put together two big innings, starting again in the top of the fist with a four-spot and following up with a five-run inning in the top of the sixth.
- Top performers in game two were Adam Twitchell (Shrewsbury, MA), Noah Holland (Sandwich, MA), and Greg Gehring (Southold, NY). Twitch finished game two with three hits and three runs batted in. Gehring was a perfect 3-for-3 with a double and three RBI's. Holland finished the game with a game high four hits out of his five at bats with an additional two RBI's.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Game one saw Anthony Pingeton (Charlton, MA) get the win to improve to 3-0 on the season. He completed three innings of work, allowing just one hit and two strikeouts.
- Game two saw Jake Usenia (Uxbridge, MA) get his first collegiate win on the mound. He finished five innings allowing just six hits with no earned and seven punchouts.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Wednesday when they travel to Brandeis for a nine-inning contest at 3:30 PM.