- AUBURN, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team fell to Brockport this evening in nonconference play at Horgan Arena, 3-1.
- Date: 1-17-2020
- Score: Brockport 3, Anna Maria 1
- Records: Brockport (10-6), Anna Maria (9-4-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Golden Eagles struck first in the second period after two key penalties against the AMCATS to give Brockport a five on three opportunity that they didn't miss. Connor Hutchins found the back of the net on the power play after the puck bounced around in front of the goal.
- Brockport added onto their lead six minutes later when Ethan Solat was able to beat Anna Maria tender Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) to go up 2-0.
- The AMCATS cut the lead to just one in the third period when Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) and Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC) found Gavin Proeh (Highland Park, IL) in front of the net for the score.
- 16:59 into the third the Gold Eagles put the game away after Huset turned away two consecutive shots. Jake Colosanti gathered the second rebound and beat Huset top shelf to get the score to its final of 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Matt Schneider faced 22 shots in net for Brockport saving 21.
- Huset saw 38 shots and he saved 35 of those throughout the contest.
- Both teams scored on a power play opportunity, with AMC finishing 1-for-1 and the Gold Eagles 1-for-3.
- Anna Maria returns to action tomorrow as they travel to take on Assumption at Buffone Rink in Worcester. Game time is set for 7:00 PM.