- WORCESTER, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Hockey team downed the Lancers of Worcester State this afternoon in the Worcester Ice Center 6-2.
- Date: 11/26/2019
- Score: Anna Maria 6, Worcester St. 2
- Records: WSU (4-3-1), Anna Maria (5-1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS first three goals came in succession to open the first quarter from Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC), Nick Kukuris (Littleton, CO), and Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA). The Lancers did end the run just before the period ended on a power play goal from Nick Pennucci.
- Anna Maria tacked on two more in the second to go up 5-1, with the first goal going for Kukuris' second of the contest on a power play. The second came off the stick of Gavin Proeh (Highland Park, IL) 7 minutes into the period. Worcester State scored their second goal with just one second remaining in the period, that goal was credited to Brendan Ronan.
- The 'CATs put in last puck in the net in the third to get the final of 6-2 when Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA) beat Lancer tender on a power play for his first goal of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS outshot Worcester St 38 to 23.
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) (3-0-1) picked up his third win of the season after saving 21 of 23 shots that he faced.
- Anna Maria was 3 for 5 on the power play this evening compared to Worcester States 1 for 4.
- The AMCATS finished with 4 infractions for 8 minutes in the box. The Lancers tallied 10 minutes on 5 infractions.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 5th of December when they travel to take on Plymouth State at 6:00 PM.