- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria men's hockey team picked up its first win of the 2021 season this evening against New England College by a score of 2-1.
- Date: 2/19/2021
- Score: Anna Maria 2, New England College 1
- Records: NEC (0-3), Anna Maria (1-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS struck first with less than 30 seconds to play in the first period. August Bouveng (Nynashamns, SWE) scored his first collegiate goal of his young career to put Anna Maria up one. Michael Padgeon (Sellersville, PA) and Patrick Manning (Messena, NY) each picked up their first assists of the new season.
- The second period concluded the contest's scoring with the Pilgrims tying things up 11:47 into the period. Jhuwon Davis (Southgate, MI), with a little help from Hunter Hall (Moorhead, MN) and Alex Laplante (Londonderry, NH), evened the score at one.
- Just four minutes later, in the second AMCAT, sophomore Cam Tobey (Falmouth, MA) beat Pilgrim tender Spencer Kozlowski (Vancouver, BC) to record his first goal with Anna Maria to regain the lead 2-1.
- Kozlowski saw 37 shots on the day, and he saved 35 of them for the Grims.
- AMCAT tender Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) continued to show his dominance in net with another 30+ save game. Huset saw a total of 34 shots this evening, and he saved 33 of them.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: NEC 34, ANM 37
- Penalties: NEC 4 minutes on 2 infractions, ANM 8 minutes on 4 infractions.
- Power Plays: NEC 0 for 4, ANM 1 for 2.
- Anna Maria returns home tomorrow to face the Pilgrims of New England College one more time at 5:40 PM.