- PAXTON, MASS: Anna Maria men's ice hockey fell to New England College this evening at home 3-2.
- Date: 2/20/2021
- Score: NEC 3, ANM 2
- Records: NEC (1-3), Anna Maria (1-3)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Pilgrims controlled the first period of play, scoring two goals thirty seconds apart. The first goal came at 17:47 by Anthony Cinato after great puck movement on a power play. AMCATS tender Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) held them at bay, but after facing five consecutive shots, he finally got beat. The goal occurred just after the penalty ended. The second goal came just thirty seconds later for Channing Gorscak at 18:16 on a delayed penalty call against Anna Maria.
- Down 2-0 going into the second period, the AMCATS came out firing on all cylinders tying the game back up at two-all. The 'CATS first score came via the power play from Nick Kukuris (Littleton, CO). He was able to best the Pilgrims goaltender after receiving two rebounds from previous shots. The tying goal came at 13:44 from Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA). Sitzman received a pass from Cam Tobey (Falmouth, MA) just above the right circle and sent a one-timer into the back of the net.
- The winning goal for New England came on a power play after the AMCATS were tagged with too many men on the ice. Josh Chamberlin found the net at 18:30 into the second period, concluding the scoring for the evening. Each goal in the second came on power play opportunities for both teams.
- Andrew Kormos got the win in net for the Grims after making 36 saves.
- Huset completed the contest for Anna Maria with 25 saves.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: NEC 28, ANM 38
- Penalties: NEC 11 minutes on 4 infractions, ANM 14 minutes on 7 infractions.
- Power Play Goals: NEC 1 for 7, ANM 2 for 5
- Anna Maria returns to action next Friday, but due to COVID-19, the opponent is still to be announced.