- PLYMOUTH, NH: The Anna Maria men's hockey team was back in action this evening against Plymouth State for the third matchup this season. The AMCATS fell short in tonight's contest by a score of 6-3 to the Panthers.
- Date: 3/18/2021
- Score: PSU 6, ANM 3
- Records: PSU (3-4), Anna Maria (1-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS jumped out in front when freshman Lukas Radina (Horazdovice, Czech Republic) whipped in a rebound of a redirected shot at 4:38 of the opening period.
- That lead, however, did not last long for the visiting squad. PSU would go on to put up five unanswered goals. Two were scored to close out the first period, while the other three came in the second. Anton Nasstrom scored his first of two goals in the second period, with his second coming in the third on an empty net opportunity.
- Facing a 5-1 deficit, the AMCATS cut that down to just two to start the third period on two straight scores. Jack Sitzman (Redondo Beach, CA) netted the first, with Patrick Manning (Messena. NY) finishing the second.
- The Panthers would get an insurance goal on the empty netter by Nasstrom to get the final of 6-3.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) faced 47 shots on goal this evening, making 42 saves.
- Brendahn Brawley saw just 23 shots from the AMCATS and compiled 20 saves.
- Penalties: PSU 33 minutes on 7 infractions, ANM 26 minutes on 9 infractions.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday against Plymouth for the fourth time to end the season. The game will be played at Horgan Arena at 5:40 PM.