- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria men's hockey team dropped their second straight game to Plymouth State this evening 2-0.
- Date: 02/13/2021
- Score: Plymouth 2, Anna Maria 0
- Records: PSU (2-0), Anna Maria (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Through the first two periods, penalties on both sides kept the scoring at bay. Period one flew by after the Panthers tallied 11 shots on goal to the AMCATS 13.
- The second period was heavily in Plymouth State's favor in shots on goal, with the AMCATS picking up another major penalty. Although facing 26 shots, Anna Maria tender Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) was able to glove all shots he faced to hold the game tied at 0-0 going into the third.
- The third period continued with AMCAT penalties as they racked up eight minutes of their 19. The Panthers struck first 6:59 into the period on a power-play followed by their second goal just 1:15 later to go up 2-0. Marcus Seidl (Stockholm, Sweden) netted the first, with Myles Abbate (Norwell, MA) beating Huset for the second score.
- Plymouth State's tender Kalle Anderson (Taby, Sweden) saw 21 shots come his way in the shutout.
- Huset saw 46 shots tonight. He managed to save 44 of them.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: PSU 46, AMC 21
- Penalties: PSU 6 infractions for 12 minutes, AMC 8 infractions for 19 minutes.
- Power Play: PSU 1 for 7, AMC 0 for 6.
- Anna Maria returns to action next Friday as they travel back to Plymouth State for another two-game weekend series. Friday's game is slated to start at 4:00 PM.