- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria men's hockey team suffered their first loss of the 2021 shortened season to Plymouth State this evening by a score of 4-1.
- Date: 2/12/2021
- Score: Plymouth 4, Anna Maria 1
- Records: Plymouth 1-0, Anna Maria 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The First quarter got underway with a quick score from the AMCATS Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC) just seven minutes into the contest. Although Anna Maria brought a 1-0 lead into the first intermission, Plymouth led the AMCATS in shots on goal 12 to 10.
- The second period was the Panther's best this evening, as they put up three unanswered goals to jump to a 3-1 lead. Anna Maria goaltender Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) saw a game-high 14 shots on net. Of those 14, he was able to snag 11 to keep Plymouth's lead to just two.
- The AMCATS came out firing in the third with 18 total shots and 11 falling on goal. Although the shot totals were high for Anna Maria, they couldn't sneak one past the Panthers tender Brendahn Brawley (Morton, PA). The third period concluded with PSU scoring their fourth goal on the power play after a five-minute major was given to an AMCAT.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots on Goal: PSU 32, AMC 29
- Power Play Goals: PSU 3, AMC 0
- Penalties: PSU 8, AMC 7
- Penalty Minutes: PSU 16, AMC 25
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday against Plymouth State to wrap up a two-game weekend series at Horgan Arena. The puck drop is slated to be at 5:40 PM.