- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria men's ice hockey team closed out the season this evening, saying goodbye to four seniors. Will McGoughran (Brunswick, OH), Kade McCartin (North Branford, CT), Donnie Shaw (Peabody, MA), and Brody McDougal (Rochester, NH). The final contest ended with the Panther coming out on top after having a two-goal third period.
- Date: 3/20/2021
- Score: PSU 5, ANM 3
- Records: PSU (4-4), Anna Maria (1-5)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Panthers struck first to start things off in the first period. Myles Abbate beat the AMCATS tender to get them on the board.
- Anna Maria would answer back just 35 seconds later on a quick wrist shop from Sam Cyr-Ledoux (Montreal, QC), tying the game up 1-1. The AMCATS would net one more in the period to give them a 2-1 advantage going into the intermission. The go-ahead goal was scored by Cam Tobey (Falmouth, MA) just above the left circle on a one timer.
- The third period saw a back and forth between the two teams. Plymouth struck first again in the second, just six minutes in for Abbate's second goal of the contest.
- With the score now all tied up at two, Cyr-Ledoux fired in another score from point-blank range.
- The Panthers tied it back up for the third time at 18:54 into the second on the power play goal by Marcus Seidl.
- The AMCATS would give the Panthers another powerplay score in the third at 14:02 to go ahead 4-3. Peter Lavoilette found the puck coming his way on a missed shot by Plymouth behind the goal and was able to wrist it in from inside the right circle before Julius Huset (Oakdale, MN) was able to swing back to the other side of the net. Abbate would complete the hat trick just two minutes later to tack on some insurance to get the final of 5-3.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Huset saw 43 shots in the game, making 38 saves.
- Kalle Andersson saw just 30 shots making 27 saves.
- Power Plays: PSU was 2 for 4 on the day, while ANM was 0 for 4.