- BABSON PARK, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's basketball team dropped their season opener to Babson College this evening 99-60 in nonconference action.
- Date: 11/09/2019
- Score: Babson 99, Anna Maria 60
- Records: Babson (1-0), Anna Maria (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first half each team shot over 50% from the field and above 40% from behind the three-point line.
- Ralph Grasso Jr. (Marlborough, MA) took a team high 10 points into the locker room for the AMCATS at the half. While on the other side Andrew Jaworski brought 15 points into the half for the Beavers.
- Anna Maria's shooting percentage fell off in the second half as they finished shooting just 26% from the field. Babson maintained their above 50% to get them to their total of 99 points in the contest. Beau Smith was the biggest contributors for the Beavers as he tallied 14 second half points from off the bench. Mike Rapoza (Charlton, MA) accumulated the high for the AMCATS with 6 points. Rapoza did finish with a double-double on 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Grasso finished with the team high for the 'CATs after scoring 15 points.
- Jack Coolahan topped all scorers with a total of 18 points to go along with his 4 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shot Percentage: Anna Maria 40.7%, Babson 53.7%.
- 3-point Percentage: AMC 29.4%, Babson 38.7%.
- Free Throw Percentage: AMC 63.6%, Babson 88.2%.
- Rebounds were leaned towards the Beavers, with them pulling down 37 to an AMCAT 29.
- Anna Maria returns to action tomorrow at 4 PM against Salem State to close out the Babson Tournament.