- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria College men's lacrosse team opened their 2021 home schedule with a 20-4 loss to visiting Lasell University in GNAC league play on Saturday afternoon at Caparso Field in Paxton, Massachusetts.
- Date: March 27, 2021
- Score: Lasell 20, Anna Maria 4
- Records: Lasers of Lasell (2-1, 1-0 GNAC), AMCATS of Anna Maria (1-3, 1-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Lasell senior attacker Andrew Fidalgo (Wilbraham, Mass.) led all scorers with four goals, one assist and four ground balls.
- Lasell junior Max Litchfield (Barrington, N.H.), junior attacker James Anderson (Medway, Mass.) and sophomore attacker Brendan Dean (Kingston, Mass.) each tallied two goals on the day
- Lasell junior goalkeeper Alex Beauchemin (Westfield, Mass.) allowed just one goal and recorded six saves in 44:09 in net.
- Anna Maria junior attacker Nick Massaro (West Haven, CT) got the AMCATS on the board with 5:08 left in the second quarter, capitalizing on a penalty and finding the back of the net with a man advantage for his sixth goal of the season.
- Anna Maria senior attacker Cameron Perry (Coventry, RI) was the first AMCAT to score on Beauchemin with 4:52 remaining in the third.
- With 6:36 left in the game, Anna Maria junior attacker Quinn Hannagan (South Windsor, CT) took a pass from Massaro and scored for his sixth goal of the season.
- Finally, with just 20 seconds remaining, Perry scored his second goal of the day and his team-leading tenth goal of the season, the final score of the game.
- Anna Maria senior goalkeeper Gage Garcia (Newington, CT) record a season-high 16 saves on the day.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: Lasell 63, Anna Maria 24
- Shots on Goal: Lasell 36, Anna Maria 10
- Turnovers: Lasell 19, Anna Maria 23
- Anna Maria returns to action on Tuesday when they host Saint Joseph's College of Maine in a 6:00 p.m. GNAC contest.