NEW HAVEN, CT: The Anna Maria college men's lacrosse team picked up their first win of the season on Saturday, with a 10-8 victory at Albertus Magnus College in Great Northeast Athletic Conference at Celentano Field in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Date: Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Score: Anna Maria 10, Albertus Magnus 8
- Records: Albertus Magnus (0-1, 0-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (1-1, 1-0 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS took a 4-0 lead early in the second quarter off a strike from junior attacker Quinn Hannagan (South Windsor, CT). From there, the Falcons rallied, slowly chipping away at the lead until they pulled to within one with 8:31 left in the game and the score at 9-8. But Anna Maria hunkered down on defense, refusing to allow Albertus Magnus a goal the rest of the way, with sophomore midfielder Tommy Girard (Newbury, MA) scoring the insurance goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Anna Maria freshman attacker Ethan Quinn (Dudley, MA) recorded a hat trick with three goals. Girard posted three assists and two ground balls, while freshman attacker Aiden Foster (Rehoboth, MA) scored two goals with three ground balls. Senior goalkeeper Griffin Moore (Worcester, MA) recorded 15 stops in net.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Tuesday when they travel to the University of Saint Joseph for a 4:00 p.m. GNAC contest.