- FRANKLIN, MASS: The Anna Maria College men's lacrosse team lost 10-7 at Dean College on Wednesday afternoon at Grant Field in Franklin, Massachusetts in a crucial GNAC matchup.
- Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Score: Dean 10, Anna Maria 7
- Records: Bulldogs of Dean (2-2, 2-2 GNAC), AMCATS of Anna Maria (1-6, 1-5 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The first have was hotly contested throughout, as the teams entered halftime tied at 5-5.
- Dean pulled away in the third quarter, scoring three consecutive goals and never surrendering the lead again.
- Anna Maria senior attacker Cameron Perry (Coventry, RI) was a dominant force for the AMCATS, scoring five of the team's seven goals and tallying three ground balls and one caused turnover. He remains the team's premier scorer.
- Anna Maria senior goalkeeper Griffin Moore (Worcester, MA) recorded ten saves in net for the AMCATS.
- Dean sophomore Greg Centeio (Fairhaven, Mass.) recorded his second consecutive hat trick to lead the Bulldogs in the scoring column. Freshmen Alec Speirs (Old Lyme, Conn.) and Diego Alvarez-Segee (Saugus, Mass.) each scored twice. Juniors Matt Dowd (West Haven, Conn.) and Nick Dunn (Medford, Mass.) added a goal apiece. Freshman Grayson Colvin (Bernardsville, N.J.) found the back of the cage for his first collegiate tally.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: ANM 50, DEAN 33
- Shots on Goal: ANM 25, DEAN 20
- Turnovers: ANM 22, DEAN 24
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday when they play host to Emmanuel College in a 12:00 p.m. game.