- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria College men's lacrosse team lost 19-10 to visiting Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Tuesday evening in GNAC action at Caparso Field in Paxton, Massachusetts.
- Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- Score: Saint Joseph's 19, Anna Maria 10
- Records: Saint Joseph's (3-3, 1-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (1-4, 1-3 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The AMCATS took the early lead just 3:02 into the game when senior attacker Cameron Perry (Coventry, RI) scored his team leading 11th goal of the season on an unassisted attack. But the Monks of Saint Joseph's College found the equalizer just 13 seconds later and would never trail again.
- Saint Joseph's sophomore attacker Max Lacy (Salisbury, N.H.) led all scorers with five goals on the night, to go along with five ground balls.
- Anna Maria junior attacker Quinn Hannagan (South Windsor, CT) led the AMCATS with four goals and three ground balls. Junior midfielder Eric Glover (Baldwinville, MA) posted a hat trick with three goals of his own. Anna freshman attacker Ethan Quinn (Dudley, MA) continued his stellar rookie campaign, scoring two goals on the night.
- Saint Joseph's sophomore midfielder Xavier Michaud (Wales, Maine) and freshman midfielder Jacob Radwan (Strafford, N.H.) each finished with three goals on the evening, while senior attackers Brendan Martin (Nashua, N.H.) and Glenn Dion (Pembroke, N.H.) each tacked on two.
- Anna Maria senior goalkeeper Griffin Moore (Worcester, MA) put a gritty performance in net, tallying 19 saves for the AMCATS, matching a season-high.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: SJC 49, ANM 34
- Shots on Goal: SJC 38, ANM 24
- Turnovers: SJC 23, ANM 20
- Anna Maria returns to action on Saturday when they travel to Albertus Magnus College for an 11:00 a.m. GNAC matchup.