- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria Women's Soccer team fell to the Cadets of Norwich University in Conference play 5-1 on Caparso Field.
- Date: 10/22/2019
- Score: Norwich 5, Anna Maria 1.
- Records: Norwich (5-5-1, 6-9-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (3-9-1, 0-9-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless 35 minutes of play, the to open the game the Cadets were able to get on the board by a god move to the left to beat the AMCAT defender by Karyssa Lachance. Lachance would go on to score a second goal in to open up the second half as well after dribbling up the field from a long pass from Julia Koron.
- Sydney Rocheville closed the first half scoring on a free kick from about 15 yards out to just get the ball under the crossbar to give Norwich the 2-0 lead going into the half.
- Kaila Lemmer would put two balls of her own into the back of the net, her first coming off of a PK in the 74th minute. Her second came on a quick shot after a great pass over the middle by Morgan Smith.
- The AMCATS were able to end the shutout run off of a free kick by freshmen Alex Rowland (Leicester, MA) 23 yards out. She was able to squeeze it just over a defender's head and the goalie's hands.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The AMCATS outshot the Cadets 14 to 11.
- Kim Watt (W, 6-8) saw 9 shots in the contest, she was able to save 8 of those attempts.
- Rachel Matloff (L, 3-8-1) also saw 9 shots on goal but was only able to save 4 throughout the contest.
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 26th marking their final home game of the 2019 season against Emmanuel College at 10:00 AM.