- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria College women's lacrosse team lost 19-2 to visiting Simmons University on Wednesday evening at Caparso Field in a rainy contest.
- Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Score: Simmons 19, Anna Maria 2
- Records: Sharks of Simmons (2-3), Anna Maria (1-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Simmons scored early and often throughout the first half, taking a 14-0 lead going into halftime.
- The AMCATS finally broke into the scoring column with 17:37 left in the game when senior midfielder Hannah Zajchowski (Palmer, MA) – playing in the final home game of her career – scored on a free position shot for her first career goal, and was promptly mobbed by her teammates in celebration. Prior to the game, Zajchowski was recognized by her coaches, parents, teammates and fans as the lone senior on this year's team as part of Senior Night.
- Anna Maria sophomore attacker Alice Yokabaskas (Farmingdale, ME) gave the AMCATS their second goal of the game with 13:13 to go, scoring her fifth goal of the season.
- Simmons senior attacker Venezia Delgadillo (Sharon, MA) led the Sharks with four goals and two assists.
- Simmons sophomore attacker Samantha Hogan (Westborough, MA) finished with three goals and one assist.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Anna Maria freshman goalkeeper Sarah Burt (Plymouth, MA) tallied nine saves on the evening for the AMCATS between the pipes.
- Anna Maria junior midfielder Ashley Rufo (Pittsfield, MA) led the AMCATS with four ground balls.
- Total shots for the game were 32-3 in favor of the Sharks.
- Up next for Anna Maria, the AMCATS will compete GNAC quarterfinals on Saturday when they travel to Saint Joseph's College for a 4:00 p.m. matchup.