- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria women's lacrosse team fell to GNAC opponent Lasell University this evening on Caparso Field 17-4.
- Date: 4/14/2021
- Score: Lasell 17, Anna Maria 4
- Records: Lasell (4-1, 4-1 GNAC), Anna Maria (1-3, 1-2 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Lasers held the AMCATS scoreless through the first half while scoring twelve goals.
- Lasell's Jordan McComb led all scorers with nine goals, two assists, and ten draw control victories. She was followed by Sydney Brady, who tallied six goals of her own with one assist.
- The AMCATS finally got on the board with 24 minutes left when Alice Yokabaskas (Farmingdale, ME) squeezed the ball between the keeper's feet. Just about a minute later, Yokabaskas found Raegan Hachey (Winthrop, ME) for Anna Maria's second goal of the contest. The Scoring closed out for the AMCATS, with Ashley Rufo (Pittsfield, MA) putting in two scores of her own.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sarah Burt (Plymouth, MA) was tagged with the loss in tonight's contest after seeing 31 shots on the net and saving 14.
- Morgan Choquet got her fourth win of the season tonight after saving all three shots that she faced.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Wednesday against Simmons for a non-conference bout at 6 PM on Caparso Field.