WORCESTER – The Anna Maria women's hockey team lost this evening to Becker College 6-1 at the Fidelity Worcester Ice Center.
February 20, 2021
Worcester Ice Center
Score: Becker 6 – Anna Maria 1
Records: The Becker College Hawks 1-3-0 | The Anna Maria College AMCATS 0-1-0
Clare Conway (Billerica, Mass.) opened the scoring just 1:20 into the game, scoring her third of the season. Hawks junior Kylian Kelly (Shrewsbury, Mass.) found Conway at the bottom of the left circle.
After evading a stick check, Conway skated across the face of the goal and beat AMCATS sophomore Sam Dahill (Littleton, Mass.) to give Becker a 1-0 lead.
First-year Amy MacGlashing (Marlborough, Mass.) and Conway accounted for the next two goals, scoring just 14 seconds apart early in the first period.
The pair of goals in 14 seconds gave the Hawks a 3-0 lead and set a program mark for the shortest time in between goals in program history.
Sophomore Katie Puumala (Framingham, Mass.) was next to find herself on the scoresheet, giving Becker a 4-0 lead, a score that would hold through one period.
Goals by junior Julia Ravenelle (Barrington, N.H.) and sophomore Cassidhe Wozniak (Turners Falls, Mass.) were split by an Anna Maria goal for freshman Annalise Reed (Pelham, N.H.) in the second period.
Reed was able to take advantage of a Hawks turnover in the Becker defensive end. Reed flipped a backhand shot from in between the circles and beat Hawks sophomore goalie Amber Lee (Nashua, N.H.).
FOR THE HAWKS
- Four of Conway's five points came in the first period. That matches a program record for points in a period by a player.
- MacGlashing and Puumala each had one goal and two assists for a three-point night, a career-best for MacGlashing.
- Lee grabbed her first victory of the season, improving to 1-2-0.
FOR THE AMCATS
- Reed's second-period goal was the first of her career in her first official college game.
- Dahill made 46 saves in 40 minutes of action, falling to 0-1-0 with the loss.