- PAXTON, MASS: The Anna Maria women's hockey team was shutout this evening in a shortened contest due to facility availability 4-0. Since the contest was shortened, it is only considered an exhibition match, and stats and records will not count.
- Date: 2/19/2021
- Score: Becker 4, Anna Maria 0
- Records: Becker (0-3), Anna Maria (0-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hawks came out firing, scoring three goals in a seven-minute span to go up on the AMCATS 3-0. Shelby Reaugh scored the third goal in the period for Becker on a power play.
- AMCAT tender Julia Smith (Chillwack, BC) held the Hawks at bay in the second period, saving all 15 shots that she faced. Overall, she had 42 saves on the evening after seeing 46 come in her direction.
- The Hawks did manage to put one more in the back of the net in the third period. Katie Puumala beat Smith to score the shorthanded goal to go up 4-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Shots: Becker 46, ANM 10
- Penalties: Becker 4 minutes on 2 infractions, ANM 2 minutes on just 1 infraction.
- Power Play: Becker 1 for 1, plus a shorthanded goal, ANM 0 for 2.
- Anna Maria returns to action Saturday at 8:20 PM when they travel to the Worcester Ice Center to take on Becker again to finish the weekend.