- PAXTON, MA: The Anna Maria College softball team wrapped up their 2021 regular season with a pair of losses to visiting Albertus Magnus College on Saturday afternoon in Paxton, Massachusetts, falling 13-4 in game one and 8-0 in game two. Between the games, the AMCATS recognized their outgoing senior class as part of Senior Day.
- Date: Saturday, 5/1/2021
- Score: Game 1 – Albertus Magnus 13, Anna Maria 4 | Game 2 – Albertus Magnus 8, Anna Maria 0
- Records: Falcons of Albertus Magnus (11-5, 11-3 GNAC), AMCATS of Anna Maria (4-20, 1-15 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Down 4-0 in the bottom of the first of game one, the AMCATS got a run back off an RBI groundout from freshman Saylor Costa (E. Providence, RI) to plate junior Shay Savoie (Namao, AB). Trailing 7-1 in the bottom of the fourth, Anna Maria loaded the bases, scoring a run when senior Michelle Cilley (Dracut, MA) drew a hit by pitch. On the very next at-bat, junior Kassandra Register (Bakersfield, CA) plated two more runs to make it 7-4. But from there, the Falcons cruised, closing out the game with six unanswered runs.
- In game two, the AMCATS were four-hit over five innings, with Cilley, Register, sophomore Kendall McNamee (Somers, CT) and senior Hailey Shaw (Salem, NH) each reaching base.
- In between games, Cilley and Shaw were joined by senior Allison Sholds (Methuen, MA) in being recognized by coaches, teammates and family members as part of senior day.
- Anna Maria awaits official word of their schedule for the upcoming GNAC playoffs.