- NORTHFIELD, VT: The Anna Maria College softball team lost both games of their Sunday GNAC double-header at Norwich University, with scores of 2-0 and 4-3.
- Date: 4/11/2021
- Score: Game 1 - Norwich 2, Anna Maria 0 | Game 2 – Norwich 4, Anna Maria 3
- Records: Norwich (3-7, 2-4 GNAC), Anna Maria (3-9, 0-6 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Game one saw Norwich sophomore starting pitcher Allison Northup (Westerly, R.I.) shut down the Anna Maria lineup, allowing just three hits and striking out six in six innings. Anna Maria junior pitcher Sabrina Liston (Rehoboth, MA) allowed just one earned run in six innings for the AMCATS, while freshman designated player Kiara Edmonds (Lynn, MA), sophomore catcher Kyleigh Campbell (Merrimac, MA) and sophomore designated player Kendall McNamee (Somers, CT) each had a hit for the AMCATS.
- In game two, Anna Maria took a 3-2 lead in the top of the sixth when junior outfielder Kassandra Register (Bakersfield, CA) singled to center to plate junior Ashley Garcia (Cornwall, NY) to tie it at 2-2. Senior Hailey Shaw (Salem, NH) later scored off a wild pitch to put the AMCATS ahead for the first time in the game. But the Cadets tied it up in the bottom of the sixth and won off a walk-off double in the bottom of the seventh.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Campbell went a combined four-for-seven on the day.
- Liston pitched twelve total innings, allowing just two earned runs and striking out five Cadets.
- Anna Maria returns to action on Wednesday when they host Brandeis in a 3:00 p.m. double-header.