PAXTON, MA - The Anna Maria men's soccer team (2-3) was defeated by Union College (5-0), 6-1 on Tuesday evening at AMCAT Field in non-conference action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Union College got on the scoreboard first, 12:45 into the contest on a tally by Griffin Cowles (Londonderry, NH) from Jeremy Conn (Woodbridge, CT).
- The Dutchmen were able to score two more times to go into the half with a 3-0 lead from Yasin Dombayci (Clifton, NJ) and Evan Farr (Saratoga Springs, NY) at the 31:44 and 44:15 marks respectively.
- At the 49:51 point, freshman Hezekiah Adeyeye (Woonsocket, RI) broke the shutout attempt when he got free from his defender and put in a beautiful shot 20 yards out past the goalie's left side to cut the deficit to two goals.
- Conn was able to add on a goal along with his assist at 71:22 to give the Dutchmen a 4-1 lead. Union found the back of the net two more times in the half from Cowles and Nate Boule (Plattsburgh, NY) to secure the 6-1 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Jeffre Donahue (Rockland, MA) collected six saves on the evening.
- Adeyeye's goal tonight currently leads the AMCATS with seven.
- Adeyeye also led the team in shots tonight with two, while two other AMCATS were tied for second with one shot (Ryan Todesco (Southwick, MA) and Amaru Carney (Tallahassee, FL)).
Anna Maria will look to get back in the win column as they travel to Salem State on Saturday, September 14 for a 4:00 PM contest. Union continues their road trip as they travel to Lehman on Saturday, September 14 at 2:00 PM.