- BABSON PARK, MASS: The Anna Maria Men's Basketball team fell to Salem State this evening to close out the Babson Tournament 89-76. Senior Mike Rapoza (Charlton, MA) made AMCAT history with a 19 rebound performance to put him over 1000 rebounds in his career. He is the first Anna Maria Basketball player to reach 1000 points scored and 1000 rebounds.
- Date: 11/10/2019
- Score: Salem State 89, Anna Maria 76.
- Records: Salem (1-1), Anna Maria (0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a back and forth first half between Salem's Sean Bryan and Anna Maria's Bobby Perette (Marshfield, MA) the two teams went into the locker room tied at 45 all. Bryan finished the half with 19 points, just behind Perette's 20.
- The AMCATS took the lead early in the second half behind Perette and Rapoza. They were able to build a lead of 10 points with 10 minutes left.
- The Vikings stopped the lead there and found their way back into the game as Bryan got some help from Hakeem Animashaun who put up 12 points just in the second half. Salem was able to close the gap and take their first lead in the second half and they never looked back.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sean Bryan finished with a game high 32 points, along with 7 rebounds and 4 assists.
- Bobby Perette had a team high with 30 points for the AMCATS.
- Mike Rapoza tallied 22 points and a game high 19 rebounds.
- The Vikings ended with a 50.8% shooting percentage compared to Anna Maria's 44.9%
- The 'CATs accumulated 16 assists to Salem's 10.
Babson Invitational All-Tournament Team:
Mike Rapoza, Anna Maria
Alex Jacovides, Suffolk
Sean Bryan, Salem State
Jack Coolahan, Babson
Crew Ainge, Babson
- Anna Maria returns to action on the 16th as they take part in the Conn College Tournament. They will be playing Conn College first on Saturday with tipoff at 4 PM.